Employees Compensation Claims Procedures

What to do if an accident happens to your employees …

1. In the event of an employee sustaining injury arising out of and in the course of his / her employment, you should

-           Send the injured employee to the nearest hospital or registered medical practitioner clinic for medical treatment;

-         Complete and send “Form 2/2B” in duplicate to the Labour Department within 14 days of the accident, and forward the same to us for record;
-         When the injured employee recovers and resumes normal work, you should follow the instructions given by the Labour Department and complete all necessary procedures for the assessment of compensation.

2. Please submit the following documents to us:

-           Copy of the completed Form 2/2B, along with the original sick leave certificate(s);

-           Original medical receipt(s);

-           Copy of Hong Kong Identity Card of the injured employee;

-           Original Form 5 and Original Form 7 (if any);

-           Other relevant documents as requested by us (if any).

3.  For enquiries, please contact your insurance intermediaries or our Claims Department directly at (852) 2831 9980 or  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .
(Note: Maximum limit for file uploading is 10MB. Please send by separate e-mail(s) for file(s) exceeding this limit.)

Relevant Form(s) are downloadable from the website of the Labour Department: